Lead Software Engineer
LifeBrand is committed to fostering a safer digital environment for individuals and businesses alike. We offer state-of-the-art solutions to identify and remove potentially harmful content from social media, empowering users to align their online presence with their current values. Our platform is a catalyst for mental wellness and peace of mind, ensuring past posts won’t unexpectedly surface to cause harm. Businesses love our product because of its proven ability to promote employee wellness, reduce turnover, and mitigate risk.
At LifeBrand, we are constantly evolving and setting new standards in the intersection of AI, social media, and wellbeing. Join us as we revolutionize the way we engage with our past, present, and future digital selves.
A highly skilled and motivated Lead Software Engineer to join our dynamic product development team. As the Lead Software Engineer, you’ll be hands-on in coding, while driving the growth of our technology department. You will be responsible for leading and managing a team of software engineers and overseeing the design and development of software systems that solve the problems most important to our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the design and development of robust software solutions with Node backend, React frontend, Postgres db and Python AI/ML integrations.
- Drive the development and deployment of our applications on AWS and GCP.
- Partner with Product Management and cross-functional stakeholders to ideate, design, build, and ship features and products that drive meaningful outcomes.
- Collaborate with Product Management to quickly and effectively translate technical trade-offs into customer-focused outcome decisions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies, methodologies, and industry trends.
- Champion a culture of innovation, encouraging creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Stay abreast of AI/ML technologies and academic research.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, fostering an environment of learning and growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software engineering
- Solid experience in developing with Node/Next.js/Postgres backend.
- Demonstrable experience in software design, development, testing, deployment, and infrastructure.
- Proficiency in Python and its AI/ML libraries.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and GCP.
- Practical experience managing or acting as tech lead of an agile product development team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative startup environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Bonus Points If:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- You have experience with full-stack or front-end development.
- You are adept at communicating complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- You have a track record of architecting and implementing enterprise AI systems.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Prime Location: Our office is located in the heart of the borough of West Chester, surrounded by a vibrant blend of restaurants, shops, and cultural hotspots.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
LifeBrand is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
LifeBrand is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. We firmly believe in the importance of creating and sustaining an inclusive environment, and we consider inclusion and diversity to be fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and creative, and we are unwavering in our commitment to this principle.